Species Hunting

This blog will record my fishing progress via the REPORTS tag, list marks fished through the VENUES tag, and may also help you identify your own catch through the SPECIES tag on the right hand side of the webpage.


2013 - 32 species : 2012 - 32 species : 2011 - 33 species : 2010 - 33 species : 2009 - 35 species : 2008 - 46 species : 2007 - 46 species : 2006 - 35 species : 2005 - 36 species



Sunday 7 December 2008

Report - Delosal, Burry Port

Date - 06/12/08

I woke to a glorious windless day, a quick look at the tide table and a dash down Burry Port to hop on my Warrior 165.

Within minutes of anchoring up and dropping a flapper rig - the rod tips were bouncing. The result were some nice whiting up to 1lb 8oz.

Dozens more whiting and a few good dabs later - it was time to head for home.


Date - 07/12/08.

Another belting day, so I decided to use up some more of the manky bait from the freezer. I took with me only some old squid and frozen blacks that had been in and out of the freezer a few times.

Within mintutes of anchoring up, the rods started bouncing, and whiting were soon coming aboard, along with a suprise pout.....

The 1st ever pout on my boat - Having had the boat since Feb '05!!!
The whiting came thick and fast, and within 3 hours, I had boated over 100 whiting. most of which were released, but I did keep a few for the pot, along with a few dabs.
Final haul of 'keepers'.

A very successful couple of hours, using up some of the old bait from the freezer and replacing it with good quality fish.

No comments: